12/27/2011

Fearful No More

I promise you what I promised Moses: ‘Wherever you set foot, you will be on land I have given you ... No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you. Joshua 1: 3, 5-6



My two younger children do no like to go into other rooms of the house by themselves, even in broad daylight.
My requests of bringing something from their room, results in whines and pouts because 'they're scared.'
My words of reassurance that God lives in our house and that He's with them are sometimes listened too, but other times their feet won't budge from where they're standing.

Yesterday in my car, just as I was about to get out, the first line of the song drew my attention:

'We were made to be courageous.'

Such powerful words with so much depth.
Here's what that means to me: God placed us on this earth to stand up for Him and our faith.

This simply doesn't mean placing a bumper sticker on your car stating you're a Christian. It means stepping into different areas of your life where your faith and devotion for His works will be tested.
Some tests will be bigger than others, but in all of them in takes knowing that God is there in every single step of the way.
Up until about two years ago, I heard my sister's voice encouraging me to move forward though the outcome looked pretty bleak. Although her words were reassuring, when the phone call ended, I would become afraid again.
This went on for a few years filled with countless tears. When I finally let go of that, God began to use me for more than I thought I was worth.
What froze me in fear for so many years, did not even present itself as an obstacle. God was faithful to fight by my side.

What is God asking you to be courageous about?

'Let the watchers become warriors, let the men of God arise.' - the song continues.

Today stop contemplating the what if's. Step forward with faith, not only believing God exists, but believing that He can, and that through Him ALL things are possible.

No comments: