5/14/2011

The Apple of His Eye

“For thus said the LORD of hosts; After the glory has he sent me

to the nations which spoiled you: for he that touches you touches the apple of
his eye”. Zechariah 2:8



(After the glory - After your glorious deliverance from the
different places of your dispersion; He hath sent me unto the nations which
spoiled you, that they may fall under grievous calamities, and be punished in
their turn.)


Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Rapunzel all had two

things in common, a problem and a hero. Each one found themselves in a time of
despair and needed someone to come and rescue them from their doom. Unfailingly,
these strong, brave prince charmings, would appear at the precise moment to
save these princess’ from their troubles.



I am no princess. I do not have long shinny hair, or wear a size
2 dress. Unlike these princess’ mentioned above, my voice is not soft and pleasant
but rather unpleasant and have been told I even mumble! When I scream at my troublemaker
toddler, I feel like the evil witch rather than a sweet, princess.


 But you know what? I may be no princess, but troubles, troubles

I have. I sometimes find myself in desperate moments needing a prince charming
to rush to my rescue. Luckily, I also have a prince charming. He has written so
many love stories to me and promised that when I call, He will answer and save
me.


One night before I fell asleep, I called out to that prince

charming. I was feeling unworthy and needed Him to save me from my foolish
thoughts and fears. The next morning when I awoke I read Zechariah 2:8. I had
heard this saying before but did grasp the whole idea, until I read what the author
wildolive.com explained.



He said that in Hebrew, “the apple of your eye,” is known as “the
pupil” The pupil is the smallest circle in our eye. God is saying here that you
will be protected like that part of His eye. He wrote, your eyelid, closes at
lightning speed at the first sign of harm, calamity, or threat. The pupil is
the most protected part of your body.



God promises to not only save you from your doom, but protect
you like the apple of His eye. If anybody or anything touches you, this great
and majestic hero, will punish them and you will be saved, like a princess calling
out to her hero.



Whatever your doom may be this morning, remember you are not
alone. There is a Hero who will save you time and time again.


“In a desert land he found him, in a barren and howling waste.
He shielded him and cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye.”
Deuteronomy 32:10


Prayer:
Father God, thank you for your words of love and salvation that

your promise to me. Like David prayed, I also pray, “Keep me as the apple of
your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.” Psalms 17:8

No comments: