7/15/2011

The more I seek you, the more I find you

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29: 13

Do you ever wonder if God laughs with us or shakes his head in sadness when we do something funny or wrong? God has been trying to get me to pray more and although I am sure I have no absolute idea if the following is true, I think He shakes his head with sympathy when I am too deaf to hear Him whispering, "Time to pray."

Remember the story of, Daniel in the Lion's Den found in Daniel 6? Well, I always used to get confused with the following verse:

"Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before." Daniel 6:20

I could not believe I prayed more times than Daniel and yet the fact that he prayed just three times a day was written down in the bible as some big accomplishment! I prayed when I got up, for breakfast, for lunch, for dinner, and when it was time to sleep! So what was the big deal that Daniel prayed three times a day? And why did his prayer have so much power over his situation?

When I said God has been wanting me to pray more, He did not mean he wanted me to top the charts with how many times I would bend my knees and park them on my living room or bedroom floor in a day. God has been trying to teach me, what prayer really means, and that I could pray five times a day, and never really meet with Him the entire day.
You may pray for an hour and still not pray. You may meet God for a moment and then be in touch with Him all day. --Fredrik Wisloff

I believe Daniel's, three, prayers a day had way more power than my five prayers a day, because they each met God, searched God, and found Him

Think of the times when you are watching TV or on Facebook, and you start thinking, "I should go pray." Instead of leaving the TV on and closing your eyes, turn off the TV, go to your room, turn on some worship music on your phone, or computer in place of Facebook and speak to your Father. Prayer should be as important, thoughtful and detail's as a "date night," with your spouse. Think about it, we go through all these steps to make our "date night," a romantic and lovely night, so that our relationship with our spouse could stay strong and alive, but with God, we use no details or any thoughts when meet with Him. We either feel we have too or need to scratch that off our to-do-list.

There is a mighty lot of difference between saying prayers and praying. --John G. Lake

I have so much to do that I spend several hours in prayer before I am able to do it.—John Wesley

God is urging you to meet with Him, to seek Him and He promises, you will find Him.


Lyrics from Kari Jobe's, "The more I seek you."

The more i seek you,
the more i find you.
The more i find you,
the more I love you
I wanna sit at your feet
drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath,
hear your heart beat

This love is so deep,
it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming 


No comments: