8/16/2011

Vanishing Distance

"When I observe Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You set in place, what is man that You remember him, the son of man that You look after him?" Psalms 8: 3-4

Sometimes I find it hard to imagine how much God loves me. I find it hard when I have distanced myself from Him. I do not necessarily have to stop going to church and start going to clubs to feel some type of distance between Him and I. I simply just need to stop calling and/or listening to Him and that cold distance appears. Can you relate? Have you found yourself feeling guilty for not seeking God like you have in the past? Number one rule: Do not try to make yourself feel better. Sounds harsh? Well, yes, we are all humans, we all make mistakes, but a mistake is a wrong action proceeding from inadequate knowledge, and we are to try to never make the same mistake twice! Second, recognize that this feeling of guilt may just be the Holy Spirit nudging your heart to make a change. But third, remember that God still loves You.

I came across Psalms 8 when I was asked to choose a Psalm in church one day, and read it aloud to the congregation. As I read it, I felt God pour out His love on us, reminding us what He has given to us as symbols of His deep love. Linger on the third rule, that God is so in love with us even when we make mistakes. Even when your actions place distance between your relationship with your Heavenly Father. Remember that there are greater things than us humans, like the stars and the Heavens, yet God remembers us everyday, blesses us everyday, protects us everyday, loves us everyday.

And the fourth rule, do not delay your return. As soon as you run back to Him, that distance will vanish and your relationship with Him, will begin once again to grow and grow! And when you find yourself once again feeling guilty with distance on the way, start back at one!

No comments: