10/17/2011

itrust!

How are you today friend? Are you hurting? Are you suffering? Are you holding back tears of pain, of an uncertain future, of regretful feelings, of damaged relationships, of never ending financial problems, or of what seem to be broken dreams? What is causing this pain you feel in your being today?

Although I do not know, and may never know, you should feel secure to know that The One who saw this pain before it presented itself into your life, also sees and knows how it will walk away from your life. He has a plan. He sat down and before your first tear ran through your cheek, he had intricately mastered out the exposition, the rising action, the climax, the falling action and the grand resolution to the story of your sweet life. He is our Author, whose words create and whose words demolish, but whose words also restore.

Why do we allow the burdens and pain to keep us back from living a sweet and joyous life? If we know and believe that God is the Author of our life. Then why do we continue making our fears the only thing we think of and rob us of our happiness?

"Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak. She said to herself, “If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.” Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed at that moment." Matthew 9: 20

"When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help.“Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.” Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?” The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”  When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith."Matthew 8: 5-10

So it is trusting and it is faith, that moves mountains. It is believing in Him that melts His amazing heart. It's not trusting by words, but trusting with actions that makes Jesus turn around and see us touching his cloak. It is faith, that amazes him and causes Him to direct healing into our bodies.

Can you trust Him? If not Him, who will you trust? The doctors who have pain themselves, the bank  that can be there today but be gone tomorrow, the friend who can only provide limited comfort? Trust Jesus, He is reaching for you today to wipe away all your tears today, He wants to wash away all your fears. Will you let Him? Can you sing with me, "I trust in Jesus, my Great Deliverer, my Strong Defender, the Son of God, I trust in Jesus, blessed Redeemer,my Lord forever, the Holy One, the Holy One!"

Prayer: "Father God, my Strong Defender, life is hard, but You remain God in war and in peace. I pray that You would help me trust more and more each day in You. Amen!

No comments: