11/29/2011

A Victory Cry

Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and at daybreak the sea went back to its place. The Egyptians were fleeing toward it, and the LORD swept them into the sea. Exodus 14:27


Songs can have an amazing power on the listener. A song can transport you back to a time and/or place in your life. Some songs do that for me. They can transport me back to my teenage years, and all the memories begin to rush in.
And although I didn't live in the time of Moses, there is a certain song we sing at church that transports me back to what it might've been like.

'The Lord hurled at sea, the chariots of Pharoh--ohohoh, HEY, HEY!'

During the five or so minutes of the song's duration, I can almost feel the victory that the Isralites felt when they were threatened by their enemies. What a feeling it must've been!

After God leading them through the longer route, in an arrid desert far from their comfort of their homes, walking miles with their possessions, God displays His glory in front of their eyes.
I can only imagine what it must've been like to be among the multitude as they crossed the Red Sea.
But I don't have to image what it has been like in my life the times that God has drowned my enemies after guiding me safely to the other side.
I've experienced the victory of what it is like for God to fight my battles and witness victory.

Time and time again, God has been faithful.

Are you walking through a desert in your life? How long have you been walking it? Are you tired from it?

I'm sure you are. In this life we will all have to walk through deserts. Some deserts may seem more dry than others or longer than others. Infertility, broken marriages, loneliness, low self-esteem, the list can go on forever. There are indeed, many deserts that we walk through.
The Lord however, is eager to drown those enemies that have tormented your life. The Lord is willing to open up the waters for you to walk through, and close them with your enemies inside.
The Lord Almighty of Israel fought for His chosen people then. He will fight for His chosen people now.

You are chosen. If you are reading this, God has worked out your time today, to read that you are His people and He is your God. Therefore the Lord will stop at nothing, to drown everything in your life that doesn't let you live.

In their fear, the Isralites began to cry out, and Moses looked to God for answers.
Then the LORD said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to begin to move. (exodus 14:15)

What an eye opener! The deep Red Sea in front of them and God says to walk towards it. Amazing that when we listen to His voice and walk towards the crossing that will make us free, God is faithful to give us dry land and defeat what threatens us.

Surrender and witness the Lord's power as He fights your battles and leads you to a victory song.

No comments: