9/25/2012

How come doing right is so hard?


I can do all things through him who gives me power.” Philippians 4:13
Feeling philosophical today, I guess this PHYL course has been affecting my mind more than I’d hope. So I started thinking: how come doing right is so hard? When I say doing right, I do not mean choosing extreme rights from extreme wrongs. For example, extreme rights would include clicking the (x) at the top corner of that pop-up on your laptop, inviting you to see explicit nudity, or getting off your car to exchange information with the person you just rear-ended while driving, instead of driving off. For me, and I believe for most of us, it is quiet easy to choose to do these extreme rights. However, ironically, it is difficult for the majority of us to choose to do those, over-looked small things. Over-looked, small things are harder to accomplish because for one, they are over-looked! They are ignored by the passerby and well if no one notices them, why should you care to attend to them, right? Is this sounding familiar? My house is generally clean throughout the week. Every morning I make sure to pick up objects that do not belong where they are and put them back in their corresponding place. But each morning, I do not mop, or vacuum and clean the restrooms. However, if my husband tells me my MIL (mother-in-law) will be visiting us that night, I make sure I scrub the house sparkly clean as if my women hood depended on it, which it kind of does anyway (haha.) Well, so this is what I mean when I say, we care less for the over-looked small things. It is harder for us to do right with these small, over-looked things. To God, though, they are not small, and they are much noticed! What things? We can make a list of those small things that God probably, and most-surely, hates us to not do right with.

Over-looked, small things:

Tiny, somewhat humorous lies

Husband:  “Amazing wife of mine, (ha! Sure! Maybe in a PG, cheesy, romantic, movie), did you pay that bill I told you to pay last week?”
Amazing wife: (dripping sweat and heart is racing, realizing you FORGOT!) “Yes my dear, I paid it that day…. (You grab your phone, and run to the restroom to pay it via mobile site)

 

Gossip, not directly intended, but deep-down inside, intended

A girl walks in with an outfit showing body parts not meant to be shown.
You turn to look at your friend with that “eye language,” only understood by women. This look translates into, “Uh-uh, what was she thinking!”
Friend: Why does she think she can wear that!
You: I know right, I know this one girl who….. (Gossip begins!)
 

Not reading your bible daily

Did I write daily? Oh, I’m sorry, is that too much bible in a week? Wrong!? Yes, I meant daily! Or do I not need God daily? Yes, sister, I am talking to me and you. We need the word of God in our system, in our mind, in our mouth, heart, bones, blood, on a daily basis!! Instead of waking up to the BEST, Distraction Destroyer out there called, SOCIAL NETWORK ex. (twitter, Facebook, instagram, blogger!) we must first socialize with the one who breathed air into our lungs for goodness sake! Would you like it if you were praying, asking God for something dear to your heart and He said, “Oh, hold on, and let me check to see what the Angels are up to here on Heavengram or Heavenbook!” Of course not! If we are after God’s heart, we must get it together!

 

So yes, it is extremely hard to do the right thing, but not impossible. What makes it not impossible? God. “I can do all things through him who gives me power.” Philippians 4:13 With His power, we are able to conquer those difficult things we just cannot seem to get right! We must pray and pray about them. I want to be a woman of God, not because I do those right things that are easy to do, but those things that cost sacrifice! Not lying, even if it’s a tiny lie. Not gossiping, even if you don’t know the women! Not being lazy or distracted and instead, read my bible daily. I want to walk the walk, not talk the talk. God maybe just hates that. Why say you are this and that when the One who knows what you are really like, when no one is around, sees who you truly are? Can you decide to choose to do the right thing even with those small, over-looked things? I'm not watching, but God, who you asked to hover over you today, is watching. ;)

 

 

 

No comments: